Wednesday, 21 September 2016

Update Warhound No. 2762 Seething Hunter, 21/09/16

Update 21/09/2016. 

I have been working hard on my Two Warhounds recently and so I thought I would post an update for Seething Hunter. 

Legs were sprayed with Leadbelcher spray over chaos Black. 

Tamiya Brass was used for all of the banding. Mithril Silver was used for the Pistons too. I painted Warplock on the hydraulic housings which were then drybrushed up with Runelord Brass. 

Seething Hunter with Sonet Malis. 

I sprayed the whole Torso Chaos Black then went up to Leadbelcher (taking care to mask the rear generator panels so they stay black for now. 

I also masked up the left shin pad. Looking at Betrayal, it seems that the markings are pack markings for the three Warhounds in the Maniple. So I decided to do them all the same with up turned V markings. I believe the Pack in Betrayal have straight Diagonal markings so wanted to differentiate my Engines from those. 

Seething Hunter has a black visage, and will probably have a red chassis with black and white striped generator housings. 

Will show my updates to Sonet Malis soon. 

TOC

4 comments:

  1. Great progress, you painting machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, love your take on the pack markings. I think you might be right - I never thought about it before! I think I just assumed it was another part of the machines heraldry.

    Having done both, it is FAR easier to mask the leg armour without the Aquila. I think you'll get better results this way. I'm psyched to see more - Bone Garland is such a beauty, can't wait to see what you do with these hounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dan. Yeah I really wanted to do them different, but as with Betrayal I found I had to fight the urge to.

      Thanks for your kind words about Bone Garland. He is sitting there waiting for his little sisters now.

      Delete