Tuesday 19 March 2019

Most Impressive! It's a LEGO Pattern Warlord Titan!

From a fan of Titans and the blog, we received this email from Lorenzo and had to share his amazing work:

"Dear Titan Owners Club Admins, good morning. I'm Lorenzo, from Italy. I recently got in contact with WH40K's world Fascinated by its history and background, I started to "dig", to discover what's behind the amazing artworks and models found on the web... specially about the Titans! On your blog I found a plenty of pictures of models and my jaw dropped in front of the detailing, the painting job... It's amazing that each Titan is unique, even tough based on the same model. I appreciated the Work-in-progress pictures too, that give the idea of what amount of work is done to carry out a model like yours.

I'm an AFOL, an Adult Fan of LEGO: I play with LEGO bricks and I love to build robots... so immediately at the first time I hit on your page I felt that I had to build a LEGO version of a Titan... and I did it! It was a real challenge for me, for the size (53 cm tall, 4966 pieces), the weight, the particular shape... but I'm really happy and proud of the result! 

The proportion between my Titan and a common LEGO minifigure is more or less the same between your Titan models and the infantry troops, as seen in many pictures on the net. Now I can say that I'm a Titan Owner too! I called it "Gladio Regis" from Legio Blacktronis. (Blacktron is a 90's LEGO Space series, with a black and yellow color scheme), So I used their historic Logo (three yellow triangles put together to form a bigger triangle) to create the heraldry!

I'm proud to show you in the attachment some pictures of it... I don't know if in your blog there is a specific area of these "outlaw" creations... if in case I would be proud to be part of it!

Thank you for your attention, regards


Lorenzo
Member of Piemonte Bricks LUG"


Cannons, laser blasters, tilting plates, and the back vents!  Even the stabilizers at the torso.


A Mars-Beta inspired head.



This is just amazingly impressive in every way.  This is just fantastic.

Job very well done, sir! - Shadow

9 comments:

  1. Ah brilliant, in Legio Fureans colours too, sneaky traitors! I would have loved this when I was into LEGO, what an awesome kit - get GW on the case, not to sue(!) but to license and make this a kit! I love the attention to detail, the waist gyros, the cooling vents on the reactor vanes, the triple barrel LasBlasters and the heraldic shields - superb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tank you for your comment! Just to point out one detail that could not be noticed... Each shoulder armour is a single piece, used yo be the bow of a sort of Viking ship, mounted upside-down to recreate the typical shape of the Warlord armour! The very funny part of building with LEGO is to find alternate use for pieces created for completely different usage!

      Delete
  2. I love the banner hanging between his legs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a little bit challenging to set the right spacing to obtain a triangular shape with these three yellow triangles (that actually are used to be road signs!) but it was the only way to carry out the Blacktron Logo!

      Delete
  3. Very impressive! They should throw that design in production straight away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any plans to make your build instructions and part list available? A friend of mine asked about it, and it certainly seems to have caught some attention here on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pleasure for me read these positive comments and I'm really happy for this feedback! I have to admit to be a little bit "jaleous" of my models, since each of them is completely studied, designed, reviewed and built from the beginning! I haven't released instructions for any of my builds, even if many people asked me to sell them... I promise to update you if in the future I'll decide to release something about my Titan! That makes me reeeeally proud!

      Delete
  5. Looks incredible!! needs to be produced!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this appreciation! A real LEGO set of a Titan should be a sweet dream... But I think it will remain a dream. Too far from LEGO policy, too specific to be appreciated from large mass of customers... And in this case, too big and too many pieces =too expensive!

      Delete