Friday, 7 August 2015

Mars Warhound No2762 - Seething Hunter, Legio Mortis

Titan Name: Seething Hunter
Status: WIP
Pattern: Mars
Primary Armament: 1 Plasma Blastgun, 1 Turbo Laser 
Princeps: Jani Filmak.
Titan Legio: Legio Mortis
Maniple Composition: Warlord Titan No58, Warhound Titan No2764

Owner: Drake Seta
Location: Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
Comments: Hi all here is my Warhound Titan Seething Hunter. 

Status WIP:
Titan Bath time

next to Seething Hunter's sister Engine.

Update 21/09/2016. 

I have been working hard on my Two Warhounds recently and so I thought I would post an update for Seething Hunter. 

Legs were sprayed with Leadbelcher spray over chaos Black. 

Tamiya Brass was used for all of the banding. Mithril Silver was used for the Pistons too. I painted Warplock on the hydraulic housings which were then drybrushed up with Runelord Brass. 

Seething Hunter with Sonet Malis.

I sprayed the whole Torso Chaos Black then went up to Leadbelcher (taking care to mask the rear generator panels so they stay black for now. 

I also masked up the left shin pad. Looking at Betrayal, it seems that the markings are pack markings for the three Warhounds in the Maniple. So I decided to do them all the same with up turned V markings. I believe the Pack in Betrayal have straight Diagonal markings so wanted to differentiate my Engines from those. 

Seething Hunter has a black visage, and will probably have a red chassis with black and white striped generator housings.

Will show my updates to Sonet Malis soon. 

TOC

Update 15/07/2017

So I decided Seething Hunter will now have a black chassis and a white head. I have sprayed the black areas with Corax Black as per my Bone Garland colour scheme. I wanted to seal the transfers in in preparation for the next stage which involves white spirits and floor polish so I painted the black area ard' coat first and then added the transfer. I then did several light thin covers of Lahmian Medium to seal it down, being careful not to flood it as it would add a misty effect which I really did not want.

I then sealed it will testors Dulcote and tried as hard as possible to show the Ard coat brush strokes in the photo above. As you can see it is really hard to spot.

Weapons were all prepared.


I prepared some white and black chevron transfers using white transfer paper. This was a big mistake. In the future I will spray the area white and add clear transfers which are far more forgiving when there is a slight scratch etc.

I then sprayed each panel with Klear then added my oil paint mixture which was then buffed off (see WLT58 Bone Garland for step by step guide on this technique).





I then Airbrushed Heat damage onto the Turbo Laser barrels. You can see more info on how I did this in my Warlord Titan Bone Garland's page.

I really wanted the heat damage on the Plasma Blastgun to look very different to the Turbo Laser so I decided to give it a sooty and Bunsen Burner look. I did this bu airbrushing Thallax bronze onto the barrel then airbrush it up with Abaddon black.

Here is the vent and top of the Engine. You can hopefully see how effective the oil rub and buff off is with this pic.





Not too much further with Seething Hunter now.

No comments:

Post a Comment