Monday 6 May 2019

Titan Owner Interview- Robert C.- Vigilate Sagittarius, Animus Invictus Ferro

Today we sit with Robert C., one of the few Legio Perennia owners out there. The striking green and gold of his Titans and the LED work he did on his Warhound's head certainly caught our attention, so we got him in the hotseat to see what inspired his Titan ownership and Legio.

TOC: Thank you for joining us today.  Probably the easiest question to get to is: why Perennia?  They're an established Titan Legion, but not very active and they are rarely mentioned.
  
Robert: Well I have to credit the idea to another Titan owner, Jabberjabber. I really liked his work on Novacula Occulta. I liked the green motif as it was very different from the other Legios. It also let me put my own take on the scheme as it wasn't well-established.   I didn't read The Harrowing until after the Warhound was completed.
  
TOC: Was there any coordination between you and Jabberjabber on the schemes, or did you like it enough to be inspired to pick them as your Legio?

Robert: Strangely enough, there wasn't any coordination. It wasn't until this last year that we have been in contact.  But recently, we have coordinated on a logo for the Legio, which will be added to Animus Invictus Ferro and his soon-to-be completed big brother.

  
TOC:  You now sport a Warbringer and a Warhound.  Is it safe to say that a Reaver or a Warlord might follow?
  
Robert: I am planning to add another Warhound before a Reaver or Warlord. But, the Reaver is in the plans once the Warhound gets a twin.
  
TOC:  What got you into Titan ownership, especially since it seems to be a major draw for you?
  
Robert: I have always liked the idea of giant lords of the battlefield striding over regular troops to engage enemies of similar status. It started with a superheavy Stormsword, then a Marauder Destroyer. A Titan was the next logical step.  
  
TOC:  And what made you finally take the plunge?

Robert: I have always liked to push my hobby boundaries. Something the size and a complexity of a Titan really got me excited. It helps when your spouse is supportive of the time you put into the hobby.

TOC:  How rewarding has Titan ownership been?
  
Robert: It has been great. It has generated some new friendships and there always seems to be a sense of awe when I can field a god-machine.


  
TOC:  And what is it you hope to get the most out of Titan ownership?
  
Robert: I hope to be able to create a bit of history by having the color scheme and logo for the Legio be made canon. Also the fun and fellowship from engaging in combat with fellow Titan owners. There is a unique fellowship between Titan owners. We all know the time and resources invested to bring these engines to life. Each time, I have had a chance to compete against fellow Titans.  There has always been a good time. Unfortunately, I only get to pull out the engines a few times a year.
  
TOC:  And what do you hope to see most in the future for Titans or owning them?
  
Robert: I am looking forward to being able to field them in the upcoming Southeast Region Clash in New Orleans, Louisiana.  I am also looking forward to seeing what the revamped Apocalypse rules have to offer. I love the idea of additional opportunities to get the big boys on the table.
  
TOC:  Are there any particular releases beyond Apocalypse that you're waiting for?
  
Robert: I am hopeful that there may be a refresh of the Reaver that would include the rest of the weapon options, also the Quake cannon for Warlord. The loadout for a Warlord would have to include one of those.


  
TOC:  The Warlord's Mori Quake Cannon has been previewed by Forge World, but a refresh of the Reaver could be in the cards.  Does your love of Titans also extend to Adeptus Titanicus?
  
Robert: Not yet.  I am waiting to see how the game progresses and the addition of the Warbringer and Dominus knights. Once those are added I plan on jumping in with both feet.

TOC:  You also have a registered Knight Banner.  How does it feel to have them guarding your Titans?
  
Robert: It has been a lot of fun adding to the history of the Legio by creating an associated Knight household. It is fun having the Knights of House Kreil sally forth supporting their Titan brothers. I have another Banner under construction; this one focusing more on close-quarters combat.
  
TOC:  You certainly seem to have a varied force, and you mentioned adding to the Legio's history.  Is telling the story a big thing for you with your Titans?
  
Robert: I really like adding to the narrative. I am not as much of a tournament player any more. I find it more enjoyable fighting battles that tell a story. It is hard to think of god-machines in a competitive light. Their mere existence is a narrative one.
  
TOC: In the stories are you a savior or a vengeful world-burner?
  
Robert: I see Legio Perennia as a savior, perpetually attempting to atone for the tragedy of the Omnissiax. Wherever the forces of the Emperor are embattled, the Titan of Perennia will muster to press the enemy back. Whether they be xenos or heretic, all enemies will be sundered under the guns of Legio Perrenia and House Kreil.


  
TOC:  It must make having games with them interesting.  It sounds like they are more than just modeling pieces for you, but story-tellers and a creative outlet.  Is there any advice you'd have to someone just getting into Titans about how to approach that?

Robert: My advice is to either find a story that resonates or generate one of your own that builds on existing lore. There is so little information on some of the Legios that plenty of opportunities exist. Each addition adds to the whole making the universe we play in all the richer.  Each piece can tell a story in the choices of details added and the battles it has engaged.
  
TOC:  So, what comes next for your story?  One of the Titans your previously mentioned, the new Knight Banner, or something else?
  
Robert: The next step is the blooding of Warbringer 0156 Vigilate Sagittarius, followed by the new Knight Banner. I am planning to have the new Banner ready by the Southwest Region Clash on June 1.
  
TOC:  And the final, always fun question.  Any advice, bellowing challenges, or shoutouts?
  
Robert: My only advice is to have fun and enjoy this hobby of ours. I want to put a shoutout to my fellow Legio brother Jabberjabber and the newest addition Omegon. I am looking forward to see the newest additions to the Legio. I also want to thank Lord Halfpenny as his blog has been of great assistance in getting my quake cannon constructed.  Lastly, I want to thank the members of TOC for their supportive comments during construction.
  
TOC:  Thank you for your time.  It's been a pleasure.
  
Robert: Shadow, thank you.  It has been a pleasure.

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear WeeMen blog has been of benefit to others :) I look forward to seeing your God Engines in battle at the upcoming SouthWest Walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The posts on the assembly of the quake cannon were so critical to its construction. Perennia will stand and protect.

    ReplyDelete